Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Knitting Baby Stuff

When I was home in March I asked my grandma for her baby bootie pattern. She gave it to me, and also gave me the matching baby bonnet pattern. It is a quaker stitch. So far I've knit a practice bootie out of some scrap yarn and a pair of pale yellow booties out of Baby Ull Dalegarn and am working on the matching bonnet. The booties knit up quite quickly, I got them done in 1 1/2 days (I did have a 3 hour car ride, so got a bunch of knitting done then). The bonnet, however, is going much slower. I think once I get the frilly part done, it will go much easier. I've cast on those 200 stitches like 3 times! It is not perfect, but I will be satisfied with it since it is my very first one. My grandma said that she would finish it for me once I knit it. That will be good, as it needs to be sewn up, some edging crocheted on and some french knots put in. I am lucky to have such a wonderful grandma!

No comments: